Department: Network Operations
Location: Delhi / Pune
Job Type: On Role
Posted On: 09-08-2023
- This role exists for a L1 position for network side. Overall, this role exists for monitoring the network proactively and maintain network uptime. Knowledge of Router (Nokia, RAD), Switch (Nokia)
Duties & Accountability
- Customer circuit testing
- POC for LTC and Customer.
- Labelling and the patching for connectivity
- Cor-ordinating with the transport team for link activation.
- Patching for customer delivery.
- RMA acceptance and co-ordination with vendor.
- Co-ordinating with DC team for connectivity
- Migrating the services from one node to another.
- Providing remote support to NOC/ Engineer/ Vendor team.
- Material movement from one DC to Another DC/ WH
- Troubleshooting on Ethernet/MPLS technology L2 VPN and L3 VPN services design (VPWS, VPLS, EVPN, IES, VPRN) in coordination with NOC.
- Troubleshooting on Ethernet / MPLS technology (LDP, RSVP, Segment routing, T-LDP, SR-OS) in coordination with NOC.
- Ability to quickly isolate faults within the network and perform basic troubleshooting in initial 30 minutes.
- Co-ordinate with Contact Center/Service Operations center to support of Service outage
- Maintain history of problems and solutions
- Timely update tickets.
- Maintain incident tracker
- Troubleshoot the issue, isolate the issue, co-ordinate cross function with other team to resolve issue.
- Escalate to Level 2 after doing initial troubleshooting.
- Keep record of issue and prepare trend analysis and corrective issue.
- Experience on NOKIA OSS and the MDM, NSP and elements
- Operations and network service quality (Customer Facing and Internal KPIs)
- Network Expansion
- Network Improvement
- Database Creation, Updating and Automation
- Highly intelligent and articulate.
- Be highly inquisitive and continually seeking to understand and learn.
- Be highly analytical and metrics driven.
- High attention to detail.
- Personal values of impeccable honesty and trustworthiness.
- Foster and promote a culture of respectfulness and customer centricity.
- Demonstrate high standards of work ethic and act as a role model within the organization.
- Customers or clients who use or benefit from the organization's products or services.
- Employees who work for the organization and are directly involved in the project or program.
- Community members or advocacy groups who may be affected by the organization's actions or decisions.
- Functional Heads
- Shareholders or investors who have a financial interest in the success of the organization.
- Suppliers who provide goods or services to the organization.
- Government agencies or regulatory bodies who have legal or regulatory authority over the organization.
- Competitors who are in the same industry or market as the organization.
- Consultants & Advisors
- Current / Potential partners
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum/ Ideal/ Target years of relevant and total experience: 7-10 years
- Industry preference, if any: Telecom ISP/Vendor
- Team Management experience required: Yes
- Education qualification (if required to be specified) B.E./B. Tech Equivalent, CCNA or equivalent
- Skills required
- Technical skills: Basic experience of IP - MPLS/ BGP/ Cloud introduction troubleshooting
- Functional skills: Hands on in using ticketing tools and Monitoring tools like HPSM, Remedy, Temip, Mycom
- Business skills
- Soft skills/ behavioral: Team player
Requirement to work in night shifts: Yes
Business Travel requirements No
About the Company
Lightstorm is building infrastructure for hyperscale networking in South Asia and Southeast Asia to accelerate the region's growth and spur innovation in the digital economy. We are a pioneer in building a first-of-its-kind utility-grade resilient fiber network, SmartNet, in several countries in the region. A trusted partner of several Fortune 500 companies, Lightstorm is creating a robust foundation of digital infrastructure to create new sources of value and differentiation for businesses.
Lightstorm is backed by I Squared Capital, a global infrastructure- focused private equity fund.